Top 10 reasons to choose beeswax candles
We have long discussions with people at our shop, markets and on the phone about why people choose beeswax candles, and specifically why Happy Flame beeswax candles.
We are very different from other candle suppliers for the following reasons ... and we think you will enjoy our candles too :)
Top 10 reasons people choose Happy Flame beeswax candles:
1. We use Australian Certified Organic (ACO) beeswax. Free from synthetic pesticides, herbicides, hormones and antibiotics. So important to be chemical free so the candles don't produce toxic fumes.
2. No synthetic fragrances! Our last blog post highlights all the health issues caused by fragrances. Studies throughout the world (including recent Australian University studies) have shown direct links to a range of health issues including: "asthma attacks , hay fever, head ache, migraine, dizziness, breathing problems, rashes, congestion, nausea and seizures." (Article from Health direct, the Australian Federal and state Government site for health advice).
3. Beautiful honey aroma. The beauty of beeswax is that the aroma is a natural one, a gentle honey aroma that fills your rooms and helps you relax.
4. Helps clean the air. Beeswax candles are a natural ionizer which means they help clean the air. When a 100% beeswax candle is lit it produces negative ions, these attach to dust and mildew (which are positive ions) and drop to the floor.
5. Refreshes your home. That refreshed feeling you have after rain or when standing next to a waterfall comes from negative ions. The ions have been known to increase levels of serotonin which uplifts mood, alleviates depression, de-stresses and boasts energy. 100% Beeswax candles give you your dose of negative ions.
6. Good for the environment. Beeswax is a sustainable product, that is it "renews" itself. It is a by product of honey, so when the excess honey is harvested from the hive, the beeswax is also harvested as the bees store the honey in the beeswax. The bees continue to create honey and more beeswax so the cycle goes on... sustainable.
7. Good for the environment. Our (Happy Flame) beeswax candles don't create toxic fumes that affect the environment and the people and animals that live in it. 100% Australian Certified organic beeswax goes further, ensuring the bees are kept in a natural way.
8. Beautiful candle light. Happy Flame makes candles to light your spaces. We make our candles with the right natural cotton wick to ensure every candle fills your rooms with soft candle light.
9. Hand made by us, not machines, with good intentions. Hand made is important as it means each candle is the highest quality. This means they burn well, with a bright candle light, and always with the best beeswax available. Each batch of candles are tested so we know you will be happy.
10. Supporting local beekeepers, farms and communities. We only use local, Australian beeswax, no imported beeswax. This supports our beekeepers and communities which is even more important considering our current drought and bush fires.
That is our top ten, but there is always more. What is your favourite?
We thank you for your continued support for our little business and look forward to helping you choose the candle to suit your home.
Also in News
The health issues of fragrances is something we need to talk about.